Sacramento drought update
Congratulations, the Sacramento District saved 4 billion gallons of water. Keep up the good work and reduce usage by 10 percent from 2013.
For more information on statewide conservation tips and programs, please visit Be Water Smart at http://bewatersmart.info/
Statewide Water-Use Restrictions
• No watering lawns or landscapes with potable water for 48 hours following or during rainfall
• No using water to wash hardscapes such as sidewalks or driveways
• No irrigation runoff or overspray onto streets, sidewalks or driveways
• No washing a vehicle without a positive shut-off nozzle at the end of the hose
• No using fountains or decorative water features that DO NOT recirculate water
• All leaks must be fixed within 72 hours
• No watering of ornamental grass on public medians
• Restaurants and other food service establishments can only serve water to customers upon request
• Hotels and motels must provide guests with the option of choosing not to have towels or linens laundered daily and prominently display notice of this option
Mandatory Sprinkler Irrigation Schedule
Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
No watering on Monday
Watering is limited to three days a week
• To avoid evaporation, please water outdoors before 10 a.m. or after 8:00 p.m.
• Watering is limited to a total of 15 minutes per station per allowed day
• Low-flow irrigation systems (Including drip irrigation and microspray) that emits less than two gallons per hour are exempt from day of week and time limitations.
Conservation Resources Available, we prefer to work with our customers than have violations issued
California American Water encourages all consumers to voluntarily end non-essential or unauthorized uses of water.
For further information about the Sacramento District conservation programs and services and information about rebates, water surveys, irrigation schedules and other conservation related issues in the Sacramento area please see our rebates.
Sacramento customers are encouraged to call the Conservation Hotline to report water waste and for more information about our free programs and services.
Sacramento Conservation Hotline: (916) 568-4201.