Ventura Drought Updates
Keep up the good work and reduce usage by 10 percent.
Ventura Drought Update (August, 2016)
Effective August 1 the drought surcharge has ended. This means our Ventura County customers will not see any additional charges on bills issued in August. Water use restrictions remain in effect, so please use water wisely.
Watering Schedule for Ventura (November 1, 2016 through March 31, 2017)
Using the watering schedule below, Customers may select TWO DAYS PER WEEK to run their irrigation systems.
Monday, Thursday or Saturday
Tuesday, Friday or Sunday
No watering on Wednesday
Watering is limited to two days a week
• To avoid evaporation, please water outdoors before 9:00 a.m. or after 5:00 p.m.
• Watering is limited to a total of 15 minutes per station per allowed day
• Low-flow irrigation systems (Including drip irrigation and micro spray) that emits less than two gallons per hour are exempt from day of week and time limitations.
Ventura County Water-Use Restrictions
• No watering lawns or landscapes with potable water for 48 hours following or during rainfall
• No using water to wash hardscapes such as sidewalks or driveways
• No irrigation runoff or overspray onto streets, sidewalks or driveways
• No washing a vehicle without a positive shut-off nozzle at the end of the hose
• No using fountains or decorative water features that DO NOT recirculate water
• All leaks must be fixed 72 hours of notification
• No watering of ornamental grass on public medians
• Restaurants and other food service establishments can only serve water to customers upon request
• Hotels and motels must provide guests with the option of choosing not to have towels or linens laundered daily and prominently display notice of this option
Conservation Resources Available as we like to work with our customers rather than issue violations
California American Water encourages all consumers learn more about our conservation programs and services and information about rebates, water surveys, irrigation schedules and other conservation related issues in the Ventura area please see our rebates.
Ventura customers are encouraged to call the Conservation number for more information about our free programs and services and to report water waste.
Ventura County Conservation Hotline: (805) 498-1266, ext. 2809.