Monterey REBATE AND CONSERVATION
511 Forest Lodge Road, Suite 100 | Pacific Grove | Hours: 8:00 am-4 pm | Conservation Hotline: 1-831-646-3205 ext.3
Visit montereywaterinfo.org, a joint website by California American Water and the Monterey Peninsula Water Management District, to learn more about the variety of water-saving resources available to Monterey Bay Area residents, including free classes, services, rebates, conservation tips and even educational materials for kids.
Click the link buttons below for more information.
Mandatory Irrigation Schedule
Follow the Outdoor Watering Schedule Regulations
- Customers must follow a mandatory two-day per week watering schedule; Wednesdays and Saturdays only.
- All irrigation must occur before 9 a.m. and after 5 p.m to avoid evaporation.
- Watering is limited to a total of 15 minutes per station allowed per day.
- Watering by hose must also adhere to the same schedule, Wednesdays and Saturdays only, and be equipped with a positive shut off nozzle.
Statewide Water-Use Restrictions
- No watering lawns or landscapes with potable water for 48 hours following or during rainfall
- No using water to wash hardscapes such as sidewalks or driveways
- No irrigation runoff or overspray onto streets, sidewalks or driveways
- No washing a vehicle without a positive shut-off nozzle at the end of the hose
- No using fountains or decorative water features that DO NOT recirculate water
- All leaks must be fixed within 72 hours
- No watering of ornamental grass on public medians
- Restaurants and other food service establishments can only serve water to customers upon request
- Hotels and motels must provide guests with the option of choosing not to have towels or linens laundered daily and prominently display notice of this option
We’re here to help
Water Wise House Calls
FREE Water Wise Assessments are available. California American Water provides free water use consultations for our residential and non-residential customers. For residential customers, a conservation specialist will visit your home, identify ways to help you save water, and even provide free low flow fixtures for your kitchen and bathroom.
Please call your Conservation Specialist at (831) 646-3205 ext.3 to schedule your in-home survey.
California American Water and the MPWMD offer customers free water-saving devices including low-flow showerheads, sink aerators, hose nozzles, shower timers and more! Stop by California American Water’s local office at 511 Forest Lodge Road, Suite 100, Pacific Grove, CA 93950 or the Monterey Peninsula Water Management District at 5 Harris Court, Monterey, CA 93940 during normal business hours to pick up your free water conservation devices!
Water Waste and Leak Reporting App
California American Water’s free water conservation app allows you to submit a location-based report of water waste, water theft, and leaks right when you see it, and you can explore water-saving tips for your home and garden. Search “CA American Water” in the iOS App Store or in Google Play to download your free app.
You can also report water waste online by clicking the link button below:
Finally, you can always learn more about our water conservation tips and programs at http://www.montereywaterinfo.org.