Sonoma County Conservation
4787 Old Redwood Highway | Hours 8:30am-4:30pm | Drop box available 24/7
Conservation Phone 707-542-8329, ext. 0 | Fax 707-542-1738
Watering Schedule for Sonoma County
• Customers may water up to three days per week on the days of their choosing
• Please water outdoors before 10:00 am or after 8:00 pm
• Do not allow water to run onto sidewalks or gutters
• Consider running irrigation systems for 3-4 minutes, 2-3 times per watering day
Click the link buttons below for more information.
We’re here to help
FREE Water Wise Surveys are available. California American Water provides free water use consultations for our residential and non-residential customers. For residential customers, a conservation specialist will visit your home, identify ways to help you save water, and even provide free low flow fixtures for your kitchen and bathroom. For non-residential customers, a conservation specialist will calculate an individualized water budget and provide water saving recommendations.
Please call your Conservation Specialist at 707-542-8329 ext 0 to schedule your in home survey.
Statewide Water-Use Restrictions
• No watering lawns or landscapes with potable water for 48 hours following or during rainfall
• No using water to wash hardscapes such as sidewalks or driveways
• No irrigation runoff or overspray onto streets, sidewalks or driveways
• No washing a vehicle without a positive shut-off nozzle at the end of the hose
• No using fountains or decorative water features that DO NOT recirculate water
• All leaks must be fixed within 72 hours
• No watering of ornamental grass on public medians
• Restaurants and other food service establishments can only serve water to customers upon request
• Hotels and motels must provide guests with the option of choosing not to have towels or linens laundered daily and prominently display notice of this option