You provided a vital service to your country by volunteering to serve in America’s military. Now you have the opportunity to serve again by joining a company that provides a vital resource to over 15 million people nationwide. At American Water, you will work as part of a diverse team, either in the field, our state or Department of Defense (DOD) locations or in our corporate offices, to help complete projects and maintain services that are critical to sustaining this nation’s water infrastructure. We foster an environment of safety, integrity and community service in order grow our company and create a future of success.
In January, 2017, American Water enhanced its leave policy to extend benefits to those called to duty and their families. We’ve also signed a statement of support for our employees who are veterans of the National Guard and Reserve. Read More
Did you know . . . ?
- American Water employs 365 voluntarily self-disclosed military veterans, making up 6% of our
- In recognition of the commitment that our dedicated
employees have made to our company
and our country, American Water has revised
the corporate policy pertaining to Leaves of Absence to ensure our military
reservists maintain their regular pay and benefits during annual
- Our Leaves of Absence policy (POL-HR03) now provides temporary paid leave, in additional to the paid extended leave already provided, for “Uniformed Services” during an employee’s national service for up to ten days. It applies to all full-time and part-time employees.
- American Water signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) on October 31, 2016 with Army PaYS. The Partnership for Youth Success (PaYS) helps match soldiers with participating businesses most in need of their particular skill set. Soldiers can sign up to participate in PaYS and choose the job and company they are most qualified for during the enlistment process. Upon completion of their military training and/or first term of service, soldiers participating in PaYS will be guaranteed a job interview at the PaYS partner company of their choice.
- American Water signed a Statement of Support on June 13, 2017 with Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR). American Water supports employee participation
in the military. Supportive employers are critical to maintaining the strength and readiness of the Nation’s Guard and Reserve units.
Click here to access a translator tool to convert your MOS code to a civilian occupation. Upon searching, you will be presented with a list of civilian occupation titles that match your military skill set. From the results list, you can easily see which jobs match civilian occupations that you desire (Ex:92W = Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant and System Operators).