Discover Water Week
Join Kentucky American Water as we explore
the wild and wonderful world of water!
This week of events features facility tours, water education, kids activities, food, giveaways and much more!
Puddles’ Plant Tour
Tuesday, July 31 | 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Get a peek into the world of water at one of our Kentucky American Water plants. Tours are available in two locations:
- Richmond Road Station Treatment Plant
2300 Richmond Rd, Lexington KY 40502
Turn into main entrance and follow sign for parking.
- Kentucky River Station II Treatment Plant
16035 Highway 127 South, Owenton, KY 40359
Turn into main entrance and follow signs for parking.
Plant Tour Guidelines:
If interested in a treatment plant tour, please sign up for a time slot and location below. There are 25 spots for each tour, so if the time you select is full, please select another time. Please review the following guidelines before signing up:
- Tours are available only for those ages 9 and up.
- All participants must wear close-toed, comfortable walking shoes.
- Picture taking is not permitted at American Water facilities, except in designated areas.
- No large bags or backpacks are permitted.
- All adults, on the day of the tour, must provide a valid government issued photo identification e.g. (state drivers’ license, passport) upon arrival and sign in.
- Only visitors that have been pre-registered will be permitted to attend the tour.
Please be aware that these tours will require walking and climbing several flights of stairs.
Thursday, August 2 | 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.
2300 Richmond Rd, Lexington, KY 40502
Parking at Southland Christian Church on
This family-friendly, fun and educational evening provides an up-close look at the journey of water from river to tap.
Puddles’ Party by the River
Sunday, August 5 | 12:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Proud Mary Honky Tonk BBQ
9079 Old Richmond Road, Lexington, KY
Take I-75 South and then Exit 99
Enjoy kids activities, music and more as we celebrate our source, the Kentucky River.
Plant tours sign up form