As an update to customers regarding the ongoing water main break situation in St. Louis County, Missouri American Water would like to provide the below status update:
As of 9 a.m. on Jan. 8:
- We fixed approximately 60 breaks Jan. 7, despite pulling crews for much of the late afternoon and evening in anticipation of the ice storm
- We had approximately 30 new main breaks reported
- Currently we have 45 crews working to repair main breaks, consisting of both internal crews and hired contractors
- Since Dec. 31, we have repaired more than 500 main breaks in St. Louis County
- We have a backlog of approximately 190 reported issues to investigate. These are not all water main breaks; often they include frozen internal plumbing, frozen service lines and other issues unrelated to water main breaks, and may include duplicates
Status updates on specific main breaks will remain difficult to come by as our crews continue to work quickly and make progress on a backlog of reported breaks and leaks.
If you have any questions, please call us at: 866-430-0820.
: Start Time
: End Time
: Contact Name
: Contact Phone