New York American Water continues to navigate through the rapidly changing landscape of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Given the ongoing public health emergency, New York American Water will postpone the annual spring flushing of our Long Island water distribution systems (Service Area 1, Service Area 2: South Shore and Service Area 2: North Shore), previously scheduled to begin April 20, until the fall of 2020.
The postponement of flushing will not impact water quality and all water delivered to customers is safe to drink and meets all local, state and federal drinking water standards. An updated flushing schedule will be provided to Long Island customers in advance of the fall flushing.
New York American Water will move forward with flushing of several Upstate water systems. The following is a list of the areas to be flushed and when.
- Dykeer – April 27, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.;
- Kingsvale – April 30, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.;
- Indian Hills/Waccabuc – April 28, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.;
- Cambridge – Week of April 27, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.;
- Wild Oaks – April 28-29, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.;
- Beaver Dam Lake – April 28, 10a.m.-2 p.m.;
- Whitlock Farms – April 29, 10 a.m.- 2 p.m.
: Merrick, NYIssued
: 4/13/2020Start Time
: 900End Time
: TBDContact Name
: Lee MuellerContact Phone