High School Scholarship Program
New York American Water is a member of the New York Chapter of the National Association of Water Companies (NAWC). The NAWC is comprised of publicly held water companies across the country. This year, New York American Water, in cooperation with the NAWC New York Chapter, is offering seven $3,000 scholarships to high school students who will be pursuing a degree related to the water utility industry field. The scholarship application is linked below.
*Deadline for applications has been extended until April 30, 2020 given the current public health emergency.
This scholarship is being offered to all New York high school seniors who meet the following criteria:
- A New York resident for 5 years
- Within New York American Water's service area
- High school senior pursuing a degree at a college or university (two or four-year) as an undergraduate student (part or full-time)
- Maintaining at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 GPA grading scale
- Enrolling in a curriculum related to the water utility industry or related fields such as natural resource management, environmental sciences, biology, chemistry, engineering, computer science, environmental law, etc. Students should complete the enclosed application in either word or pdf format, which must be returned no later than April 30, 2020.
- In addition, it is their responsibility to see that we receive three letters of recommendation, plus a copy of their high school transcript. Please note that if a student is awarded a scholarship, an official transcript will be required. Please feel free to make additional copies of the enclosed application as needed. If you have any questions, please contact Rose Simpson at 516-632-2208 or email@example.com