ESTE INFORME CONTIENE INFORMACION IMPORTANTE ACERCA DE SU AGUA POTABLE, HAGA QUE ALGUIEN LO TRADUZCA PARA USTED, O HABLE CON ALGUIEN QUE LO ENTIENDA
YARDLEY, Pa. (December 4, 2018) -- Pennsylvania American Water customers in Yardley Borough, Lower Makefield Township, and parts of Falls Township no longer have to boil their water before use. Acceptable test results were obtained from samples collected on December 2, and December 3, and the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection has authorized lifting the advisory.
The boil advisory was issued on November 29, 2018, due to a spike in turbidity levels at the water treatment plant above the regulatory standard.
This lift notice applies to all Pennsylvania American Water customers in Yardley Borough, Lower Makefield Township and parts of Falls Township, who will be notified via the company’s CodeRED emergency notification system.
Prior to using the water, customers are advised to flush their household pipes by following these guidelines:
- Run all cold water faucets in your home for at least five minutes at one time with the highest water flow possible to prevent splashing or flooding of the drains
- Flush automatic ice makers, make three batches of ice and discard; Clean and sanitize ice bin
- Run water softeners through a regeneration cycle. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines specified in the owner’s manual
- Change refrigerator filter cartridge
- Run water coolers with direct water connections for five minutes at the highest flow rate possible
- Drain and refill hot water heaters set below 113°F.
- For home water filter systems, change filter cartridges. Some units need disinfecting. Follow the directions in the unit’s owner’s manual.
- Commercial customers should flush adequately to turn over the water in their plumbing systems, including flushing their automatic ice makers and drinking water fountains.
Pennsylvania American Water thanks its customers for their patience and cooperation during this event. For more information, contact Pennsylvania American Water’s customer service center at 800-565-7292.
Please share this information with all the other people who drink this water, especially those who may not have received this notice directly (for example, people in apartments, nursing homes, schools and businesses). You can do this by posting this notice in a public place or distributing copies by hand or mail.
Pennsylvania American Water, a subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK), is the largest investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and/or wastewater services to approximately 2.4 million people. With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,100 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 14 million people in 45 states and Ontario, Canada. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com.
# # #
PWS ID Number: PA1090074 Date issued: December 4, 2018
: 12/4/2018Start Time
: 7:00 AMEnd Time
: 11:59 pmExpires
: 12/11/2018Contact Name
: Customer ServiceContact Phone