FIrefighting Support GRant
West Virginia American Water is pleased to once again announce that applications are now being accepted for the company’s 2017 Firefighting Support Grants program. Firefighting Support Grants are intended to provide financial assistance to fire and emergency organizations serving communities in the company’s designated service areas.
West Virginia American Water’s Firefighting Support Grant offers funds to cover costs associated with purchasing personal protective gear, communications equipment, firefighting tools, water handling equipment, training and related activities/materials that will be used to support community fire protection.
To qualify, applicants must provide a letter of application, which includes the following information:
- Contact information including name, email address and phone number
- Description of the organization(s) seeking support, including fire company name, address of fire company and county in which the fire company is located (eligible counties include Boone, Braxton, Cabell, Fayette, Kanawha, Lewis, Lincoln, Logan, Mercer, Putnam, Raleigh, Summers, Wayne and Webster)
- Overview of the specific project to be funded
- Grant amount requested (maximum $1,000)
- Problem/challenges that the project will address
- Timeframe for implementation of the project
- Summary of budget and other funding sources being approached for support of the project
- In addition to the letter of application, a completed W-9 form should be included.
For additional details on the firefighting support grant, please click here. Applications must be postmarked by June 2, 2017. Entries can be mailed to:
Firefighting Support Grant
West Virginia American Water
Attn: Megan Hannah
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Charleston, WV 25302