Environmental Grant Program
Our commitment to protecting the environment runs deep and we’re proud to support the efforts of local organizations that share our vision.
Established in 2005, our annual Environmental Grant Program offers funding for innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect the watersheds, surface water and groundwater supplies in our local communities.
We are pleased to offer assistance to community partners to help make a positive impact on the environment, and we encourage you to apply.
To qualify for Environmental Grant funding, a proposed project must be:
- Located within an American Water service area
- Completed between May and November of the grant funding year
- Be a new or innovative community initiative, or serve as significant expansion to an existing program.
For more information, please see our 2018 Program Brochure and Grant Application Form.
In 2016, Tennessee American Water issued three grants totaling more than $8,000 to the following organizations:
- Lookout Mountain Conservancy for their water quality project in coordination with The Howard School students.
- Tennessee River Gorge Trust to expand their water quality monitoring and offer community education.
- Hamilton County Coalition for their project with educating the community on proper medication disposal through Drug Take Back community events and youth involvement.
Entries for Tennessee should be sent to:
Tennessee American Water
109 Wiehl Street
Chattanooga, TN 37403