DONATIONS & SPONSORSHIPS
Scroll down to complete online application
Kentucky American Water invests its community giving program resources in innovative programs that serve diverse populations and align with our core business of water and wastewater services. These include the following core focus areas:
- Water and the Environment - Innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect our watersheds and water supply.
- Water and Healthy Living - Efforts that contribute to healthy communities by promoting access to safe water and sanitation, educating customers on the health benefits of water and encouraging good hygiene practices.
- Environmental Education - Educational programs which provide information about water conservation, water and wastewater treatment, the water cycle, watershed protection and the environment.
- Community Sustainability - Projects that meet a definitive, sustainable community need, preferably aligned with Kentucky American Water’s core business, and which enrich the lives of the residents who live and work in the communities we serve.
Kentucky American Water is limited in the number of donations we can award. Therefore, we generally support only charitable organizations that hold current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Kentucky American Water’s community giving program currently does NOT make contributions to:
- Specific schools or programs associated with specific schools
- General academic scholarships
- Religious organizations (unless the request is for a program offered to the public on a non-discriminatory basis and without regard to the recipient’s religious affiliation)
- Youth sports teams or programs
- Political or partisan organizations or events
- Tickets for raffles, contests or other activities with prizes
- Bottled water or the purchase of bottled water
Donations may be used only for charitable purposes and must not be used to promote or oppose any candidate or ballot measure, to advocate any legislative or administrative action, or to personally benefit or compensate any elected official.
Applicants must be, and remain, in compliance with federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
Successful Donation Applications
The most successful donation applications:
- Fund organizations or projects in Kentucky American Water’s service areas
- Align with one or more of Kentucky American Water’s community giving focus areas:
- Water and the Environment
- Water and Healthy Living
- Environmental Education
- Community Sustainability
- Fund specific programs as opposed to general operating expenses
- Address a demonstrated community need
- Provide an opportunity for Kentucky American Water employees to volunteer in the community
- Provide Kentucky American Water with recognition in the community
Types of Support
Kentucky American Water invests in the communities where we live and work in several ways. We offer support in the form of financial grants, in-kind donations and volunteer support, such as assistance with special initiatives or events and board member service.
Under certain circumstances, Kentucky American Water may contribute surplus property such as furniture, office supplies or other miscellaneous items. However, Kentucky American Water does not consider requests for vehicle donations and is prohibited from donating or reducing the cost of water and/or wastewater services by law.
Kentucky American Water does not bottle water nor provide donations of bottled water.
Amount of Support
The majority of Kentucky American Water’s donations are less than $1,500. Kentucky American Water typically does not consider multi-year funding requests. Unless previously agreed upon, organizations must submit a new request for funding on an annual basis.
Schedule of Application Review and Response
Kentucky American Water’s community giving program is funded throughout the calendar year, with requests generally reviewed on a quarterly basis during the first full week of March, June, September and December.
Event sponsorship requests must be received at least two months in advance of the event date and before promotion of the event has begun to be considered for funding.
Kentucky American Water will not fund organizations that, in their by-laws, policies or practices, discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law. Additionally, Kentucky American Water will not fund organizations that are not compatible with company-wide policies and practices pertaining to discrimination.
Donation/Sponsorship Request Form
To apply for a donation or sponsorship, please complete the following form: