Environmental Grant Program
2020 Grant Program Open: Applications Due March 31, 2020
Our commitment to protecting the environment runs deep and we’re proud to support the efforts of local organizations that share our vision.
Established in 2009, our annual Environmental Grant Program offers funding for innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect the watersheds, surface water and groundwater supplies in our local communities.
We are pleased to offer assistance to community partners to help make a positive impact on the environment, and we encourage you to apply.
To qualify for Environmental Grant funding, a proposed project must be:
- Be located within New Jersey American Water’s service area;
- Address a source water or watershed protection in the community;
- Be completed between May 2020 and November 2020;
- Be a new or innovative program for the community, or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program;
- Be carried out by a formal or informal partnership between two or more organizations;
- Provide evidence of sustainability (continued existence after the grant monies are utilized);
- Salaries and compensation for support of a project or program are ineligible for the grant.
For more information, please see our 2020 Program Brochure and Grant Application Form. If you have questions about the grant or grant process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Environmental Grant Recipients
In 2019, New Jersey American Water issued four grants totaling more than $27,404 to the following organizations:
- Township of West Orange, Environmental and Open Space Commission River Clean-Up Initiative – $8,100
- South Plainfield High School, Environmental Science Club Creation of an Outdoor Classroom – $9,804
- Master Gardner Association, Rutgers Master Gardeners Camden County Creation of an Education Garden – $9,500
To see previous grant recipients:
List of towns and map of New Jersey American Water Service areas