Environmental Grant Program
Our commitment to protecting the environment runs deep and we’re proud to support the efforts of local organizations that share our vision.
Established in 2005, our annual Environmental Grant Program offers funding for innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect the watersheds, surface water and groundwater supplies in our local communities.
We are pleased to offer assistance to community partners to help make a positive impact on the environment, and we encourage you to apply.
To qualify for Environmental Grant funding, a proposed project must be:
- Located within Kentucky American Water's 14-county service area (Bourbon, Clark, Fayette, Franklin, Gallatin, Grant, Harrison, Jackson, Jessamine, Nicholas, Owen, Rockcastle, Scott and Woodford counties)
- Address a source water or watershed protection need
- Completed between May and November of the grant funding year
- Establish a new or innovative program or a significant expansion to an existing program
- Be carried out by a formal or informal partnership of at least two organizations; and provide evidence of sustainability.
Hard copy applications should be mailed to:
Kentucky American Water
2300 Richmond Road
Lexington, KY 40502
For more information about the program, contact Susan Lancho at email@example.com.
For more information, please see our 2020 Program Brochure and Grant Application Form.
The 2019 grant program.
Kentucky American Water awarded one American Water Environmental Grant in 2019 in the amount of $4,975 to the Licking River Watershed Watch.
The Licking River Watershed Watch used grant funds to monitor water quality in the Licking River watershed and then used the data to identify problem areas so that communities can work together to make necessary improvements. Project partners included Thaxton’s Canoe Rental, UK Green Thumb Group, 3M Company, Kentucky Division of Water, Northern Kentucky University Department of Biological Sciences, Fouser Environmental, Morehead State University Water Testing Lab and Microbac.