Dear Valued Customer,
I am pleased to announce that Pennsylvania American Water completed the acquisition of Upper Pottsgrove Township’s wastewater system. We have been providing high-quality, reliable water and wastewater services to communities across the state for well over a century, and we’re committed to delivering that same standard of excellence to you.
You’re in good hands.
Our focus is to provide you with safe, reliable wastewater service – and we have the people and technologies in place to get the job done right. As our valued customer, we wanted to share with you some information about the services we provide, as well as some changes that will be taking place over time.
About your rates.
There will be no changes to your current rates. Because Pennsylvania American Water is regulated by the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission, any future proposed changes in rates will be subject to extensive governmental review and approval. To learn more, visit pennsylvaniaamwater.com/rates.
We’re transitioning you to monthly billing.
Previously, you were billed quarterly for wastewater service. We’ll be transitioning you to monthly billing. This is preferred by many customers, because receiving 12 smaller bills instead of four larger ones makes it easier for them to include the cost of service in monthly household budgets.
Here’s how the billing transition will work.
You will receive your final bill from Upper Pottsgrove, which is billed by Pottstown Borough, for wastewater service through June 30. You will receive your first bill from Pennsylvania American Water in August for July’s wastewater services, and we’ll begin billing you monthly thereafter.
Please note: Upper Pottsgrove will not be accepting payments on our behalf at the drop box located at the police department. If you prefer to pay in person, Pennsylvania American Water has agreements with authorized payment locations in your area:
- WAL-MART, 233 Shoemaker Road, Pottstown
- WAL-MART, 567 Route 100 North, Bechtelsville
- WAL-MART, 5900 Perkiomen Avenue, Reading
For a complete listing of payment locations, click here.
Additional benefits of being a Pennsylvania American Water customer.
- Regular investment in our systems. We continually evaluate our systems and facilities, prioritize projects and then make necessary capital investments to improve service. Statewide, we invested approximately $373 million in 2021 alone to improve the water and wastewater treatment and pipeline systems. Locally, over the next five years, Pennsylvania American Water plans to invest more than $4 million in investments to Upper Pottsgrove Township’s wastewater system. These upgrades include wastewater main and manhole replacements, technology and control system upgrades, lift station upgrades and meter replacements.
- Paperless Billing and Auto Pay. Enroll in Paperless Billing, and we’ll notify you by email when your bill is available to view online. Take it one step further and sign up for our recurring Auto Pay. Your bill will be paid on time, every time, directly from your checking or savings account AUTOMATICALLY! No checks to write and no stamps required. Both of these services are free, and you can discontinue them at any time. It’s easy to enroll online using our self-service tool MyWater at mywater.amwater.com. All you need is your account number, which you will receive with your first bill.
- High-quality service. Our team of water and wastewater experts and licensed operators has an exceptional track record when it comes to meeting regulations. With Pennsylvania American Water’s strong reputation for leadership, innovation and expertise, we have what it takes to meet the needs of your community.
- Emergency notification system. In case of emergencies, we use a high-speed notification system to quickly alert customers via phone, text and email when emergencies occur. Visit mywater.amwater.com to choose how you want to be notified and to update your contact information. You can also report an emergency online or through MyWater.
- Commitment to our customers and the environment. We promote wise water use, support environmental programs and offer experts to speak to your school, civic and neighborhood groups.
- A helping hand for customers in need. Through our H2O Help to Others Program™, we offer financial assistance to help residential customers who qualify pay their wastewater bill. This includes grants of up to $500 per year and a 30 percent discount on the total wastewater charges. To learn more or to see if you qualify, contact Dollar Energy Fund at 1-888-282-6816 or visit our Customer Assistance Programs page.
We’re here to answer your questions.
Our customer service representatives are available to answer your questions at 1-800-565-7292, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. For emergencies: we’re available at this number 24/7.
You can also access MyWater anytime to view and pay your bill, sign up for paperless billing and more. Visit mywater.amwater.com to register. It’s that easy. Be sure to have your account number handy.
It’s a privilege to serve you.
We are excited to be your service provider. For more information, please review the welcome packet mailed to your address and like us on Facebook.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us and for allowing us to serve you. It really is a privilege.